OAA Webinar Series – CSA Access Program 101: How to Access and Use the Free Program for OAA Architects
CSA Standards are an important reference tool for Architects to ensure their designs meet building code requirements, and construction complies with the contract documents. In upholding its responsibilities to serve the public interest, the OAA provides access to the pertinent CSA standards to ensure prohibitive costs are not a barrier to licensed members via OAA’s CSA Standards Access Program.
Come, learn about free access to a collection of CSA standards referenced in either the National Building Code of Canada or the Ontario Building Code, as well as other pertinent standards. The webinar will explain how Architects can register or renew their viewing access to the collection through the CSA OnDemand platform creating accounts, and registering their individual subscriptions, as well as how to search for key documents in both languages, etc.
- Become familiar with the OAA’s free to licensed members CSA Access Program, who is eligible and advantage of signing up.
- Understand what is contained in the custom standards collection as part of this program.
- Using this resource in your practice including using the online search engine, signing up/renewing, and how to share this resource with other practitioners in your practice, etc.
- Learning about upgrading to enhanced access: including print and download access.
About the speakers:
- James Reid works in the CSA Group’s Education and Services Division as a Relationship Manger. With over a decade of experience in education, standards, and training, James works diligently to support the OAA, and understands the importance of standards access for architects across Ontario.
- Dwayne Torrey is the Director of Construction and Infrastructure Standards at CSA Group, a global organization dedicated to safety, social good and sustainability. The mission of CSA Group’s Standard Development organization is to enhance the lives of Canadians through the advancement of standards in the public and private sectors. In his role, Dwayne is responsible for developing the strategic path for Canada’s built environment standards through continuous assessment of emerging construction trends and critical issues. He provides oversight to over 250 codes and standards focused on safety and reliability of structures, construction materials, products, systems, and mechanical safety equipment. Dwayne has over 25 years of experience in construction and engineering. Prior to his 18 years at CSA Group, he specialized in structural rehabilitation and site supervision of building construction. He received his Bachelor of Civil Engineering from what is now Toronto Metropolitan University and is a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.