City of Toronto: Major Streets Study
The Major Street study is one component of the City’s Expanding Housing Options in Neighbourhoods (EHON) initiative. This study focuses on permitting gentle density – missing middle housing – on major streets in low-rise neighbourhoods across Toronto.
Summary of Study
The Major Street study is part of the Expanding Housing Options in Neighbourhoods initiative, which aims to bring more types of housing to Toronto’s low-rise neighbourhoods. This study proposes to permit gentle intensification of residential units in areas designated Neighbourhoods by the Official Plan, along major streets as shown on Map 3 PDF of the Official Plan.
The Major Streets Study offers the City an opportunity to investigate policies and programs that are targeted at increasing the creation of a diverse range and mix of housing options in lower density, ground related formats. Included in this are additional units to accommodate people at all stages of life, to accommodate the needs of all household sizes and incomes and provide support for expanded housing options across Toronto.
In-person Consultation Events
- October 12, 2023 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Scarborough Civic Centre
- October 16, 2023 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – City Hall Rotunda
- October 17, 2023 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Etobicoke Civic Centre
- October 18, 2023 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. – North York Civic Centre
Toronto-wide Virtual Events
- October 25, 2023 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- October 25, 2023 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
When Various dates
Where In-person or virtual