BEAT//Forum - Building Equity on Construction Sites
Join us for the 5th BEAT Forum focussing on construction site behaviours and dynamics. Geared toward those who work at or visit construction sites, including architects, clients, contractors, trades, and consultants, the Forum will explore different perspectives on how to create a collaborative and productive work environment for all stakeholders throughout the construction process.
The Forum is divided into two parts, a panel discussion in the morning and afternoon workshop after lunch. Our panel includes experts from the architecture and construction industry:
- Jen Hancock – Vice President, Collaborative Construction, Chandos Construction
- Carol Philips – Partner, Moriyama Teshima Architects
- Lisa Laronde – President, RSG International, Canadian Association of Women in Construction
- Gayle Meeks – Associate/Technical Director, Perkins&Will
Schedule & Details
- 10:00am – 12:00pm Panel Discussion
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch & Networking
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Workshop led by Jen Hancock, VP of Collaborative Construction, Chandos Construction (*note that the afternoon session is on a first-come first serve basis, sign up available at 9:30am at the event)
The afternoon session will include a hands-on workshop that focuses on aligning values among stakeholders that work on construction sites. This workshop will be interactive, featuring breakout groups, discussion presentations, and the ultimate goal of generating a tangible set of values to take away.
BEAT is a volunteer-run organization made up of architects, designers, leaders, and entrepreneurs creating opportunities for community-building, advocacy, networking, and mentorship.
BEAT Forums are dedicated to exploring questions related to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI), led by experts in the EDI field and within the design, architecture, and construction profession.
This BEAT Forum will qualify for 2 OAA Structured Learning hours.
When Sat, Nov 4, 2023 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM EDT
Where Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) - 2nd Floor PIT. 325 Church St 2nd Floor, PIT Toronto, ON M5B 2M2