TSA Technical Series
Always looking to provide new opportunities for our members to sharpen their skills and stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry, the TSA holds several lectures throughout the year focusing on technical and business skills relevant to the business and practice of architecture. These lectures all meet the criteria for OAA Continuing Education structured learning hours and are offered free of charge to all TSA members.
You can find the latest upcoming lectures on our Events page and through our bi-monthly e-bulletin.
New for 2020: Looking to make our educational opportunities more easily accessible to all our members, we are now posting recordings of all our lectures on our new members-only video library! Click on the links below and use the promo code in our latest e-bulletin to access the lectures, and stay tuned as we continue to update the library with past and new lectures throughout the upcoming months. Please note these recordings do not currently qualify for structured learning hours with the OAA.
Past technical lectures
- Building Enclosure Design and the Toronto Green Standard — Amy Montgomery, Erica Barnes, and Kelsey Saunders, RDH Building Science Inc.
- Engagement as a Decision Support Tool — Nicole Swerhun (Swerhun Inc.)
- Enhancing Passive Systems for Thermal Resilience — Dr. Ted Kesik and Dr. Aylin Ozkin
- Pet Friendly Design Guidelines — Gail Shillingford (DIALOG)
- Towards an Architecture of Less Harm — Andy Thomson (Thomson Architecture Inc.)
- Embodied Carbon in Building Materials — Anthony Pak (Priopta)
- Bird-Friendly Design—Kelly Snow (City of Toronto)
- Workplace Inclusion for Gender and Sexual Diversity (Egale Canada)
- Leading in Uncertain Times — Vanessa Judelman (Mosaic People Development)
- Place Branding Through Architecture — Udo Schliemann and Rae Lam Fox (Entro)
- Evolving from Barrier-Free to Universal Design — Bob Topping (DesignABLE Environments Inc.)
- Experience the Sound. Feel the Silence: An overview of acoustics from design through construction – Kiroshi Kuroiwa and Steve Titus (Aercoustics)
- Keys to Branding Consistency and Efficiency for Architecture Firms – Cristina Kelly and Monika Meyer (Entro)
- Building Leadership: Communication Style and Body Language – Mark Bowden (TRUTHPLANE)
- Building Leadership: Identifying & Developing your Workstyle – Vanessa Judelman (Mosaic People Development)
- Mass Timber: The Journey from Forest to Building – David Bowick (Blackwell Engineering), Monqiue Koski (EACOM Timber Corporation), Scott Jackson (Forests Ontario)
- Quantifying User Experience – Dr. Vedran Dzebic, Entro
- Accessibility for Small Scale Applications – Nancy Smith, LRI Engineering Inc.
- Building Enclosures: Designing for Energy Efficiency – Antoine Habellion, ROCKWOOL
- New Developments in Building Enclosure Design – Duncan Rowe, RJC Engineers
- Talent Management for AEC Firms – Rowley Mossop, Innovia
- Green Roof Seminar – Curt Moeller, Smart Green Technologies Inc.
- The Art of Leadership in Project Management – Ahmad-Shah Duranai
- OBC: SB12 Updates – Greg Labbé
- Acoustic Design and Changes to the National Building Code – Alan Oldfield, AECOM
- Multi-Sensory Architecture – Jonathan Silver
- Building Resiliently – Greg Labbé, BlueGreen Consulting Group Inc
- High Performance Building – Greg Labbé, BlueGreen Consulting Group Inc
- Accessibility in Ontario – Lisa Miller, C.E.T., Senior Associate, Leber/Rubes Inc. | Amy Pothier, Designer and Building Code Consultant, Quadrangle Architects | Jesse Klimitz, Accessibility Specialist, Quadrangle Architects
- 2012 Ontario Building Code – Steve Grant, LRI Engineering Inc
- OBC and Toronto Green Standards – Adolfo Silva, Ecovert Sustainability Consultants
The B.E.S.T. Lecture Series has been made possible thanks to the generous support of:
The 2019 Technical Series was possible thanks to the generous support of:
Venue space for the Technical Series has been generously supported by: