Job Posting: Summer Administrative Assistant
The Toronto Society of Architects is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for a 3 month, part-time contract (with the option to extend) to help support our Society’s growing and diverse programs and initiatives, particularly as we pivot into digital programming. Working closely with the Programming Director and our volunteers, you will provide logistical and communications support to our diverse TSA initiatives and programs, while also assisting with the day-to-day operations and governance activities of our Society. Work hours are flexible and will be done remotely.
We are a small, nimble, all hands on deck organization and you will have the opportunity to be involved in and gain experience in the many aspects of what we do, while expanding your network within a creative and dynamic professional design conscious group.
Compensation, Hours and Duration
Job Type: Contract, 10-15 hours a week; additional hours might be available for specific projects
Duration: 3 months with the option to extend
Hourly Wage: $16
Start Date: June 15 (or earlier upon mutual agreement)
End Date: September 15
About the Toronto Society of Architects
The Toronto Society of Architects is a volunteer-led, not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting, promoting, celebrating and advocating for excellence in architecture, design, and built environment in Toronto and the surrounding region. A membership-based organization, we bring together over 1700 architects, design professionals and members of the public with a passion for architecture and urban issues.
The Toronto Society of Architects is a Local Society of the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA), which is the regulatory body that governs the practice of architecture in Ontario. Learn more about the TSA at www.torontosocietyofarchitects.ca
What you will be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide back-end support for TSA initiatives, programs and events including setting up event pages, responding to inquiries, and assisting in the communication of our programs to our members and the public
- Respond to incoming emails and answer member and public inquiries on a variety of issues including events, membership and others
- Assist with the preparation of our bi-weekly e-bulletins
- Assist in the maintenance and update of the TSA website and our social media vehicles
- Assist with the development and coordination of content for existing and new components of the TSA website
- Support governance activities of our Society, including scheduling monthly Executive meetings, preparing documents, recording minutes and assisting in file management, membership management and volunteer management activities.
What we’re looking for?
- Strong organization, scheduling and time management skills
- Able to work independently to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple competing priorities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A collaborative team player who will pitch in to make sure things get done
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new software platforms as needed
- Previous experience with eventbrite, social media and wordpress a plus
- An interest in architecture, the built environment and advocacy
- Previous secretariat experience preparing agendas, minutes, etc. a plus
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter no later than Friday June 5, 2020 at 6:00 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org.