Job Posting: Summer Administrative Assistant
The Toronto Society of Architects is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for a 4 month, full-time contract to help support our Society’s growing and diverse programs and initiatives. Working closely with the Programming Director and our volunteers, you will provide logistical and communications support to our diverse TSA initiatives and programs, while also assisting with the day-to-day operations and governance activities of our Society. Work hours are flexible and will be done remotely.
We are a small, nimble, all hands on deck organization and you will have the opportunity to be involved in and gain experience in the many aspects of what we do, while expanding your network within a creative and dynamic professional design-conscious group.
Compensation, Hours and Duration
Job Type: 35 hours a week
Duration: 4 months
Schedule: Flexible, some evenings hours might be required for events and meetings
Hourly Wage: $18
Start Date: May 17
End Date: September 3
About the Toronto Society of Architects
Established in 1887, the Toronto Society of Architects (TSA) is a non-profit volunteer-led organization dedicated to bringing people together to discuss, learn and explore around our shared passion for the built environment.
We are committed to the betterment of our city and have played an important advocacy role throughout Toronto’s history. We do this through a wide range of programs which foster welcoming and inclusive forums for debate and the exchange of ideas, stimulating critical thinking about the design and building issues of our time. Our public programming is complemented by initiatives supporting the personal growth and professional development of close to 1900 TSA members. Membership is open to everyone and welcomes design professionals, students and the general public.
The TSA is a Society of the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA), which is the licensing and regulatory body that governs the practice of architecture in Ontario. Learn more about the TSA at www.torontosocietyofarchitects.ca
What you will be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide back-end support for TSA initiatives, programs and events including setting up event pages, responding to inquiries, and assisting in the communication of our programs to our members and the public.
- Respond to incoming emails and answer member and public inquiries on a variety of issues including events, membership and others.
- Assist with the preparation of our bi-weekly e-bulletins.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of the TSA website and our social media vehicles.
- Assist with the development and coordination of content for existing and new components of the TSA website.
- Support governance activities of our Society, including scheduling monthly Executive meetings, preparing documents, recording minutes and assisting in file management, membership management and volunteer management activities.
What are we looking for?
- Strong organization, scheduling and time management skills .
- Able to work independently to deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- A collaborative team player who will pitch in to make sure things get done.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new software platforms as needed.
- Previous experience with adobe creative suite, eventbrite, social media and wordpress a plus.
- An interest in architecture, the built environment and advocacy.
- Previous secretariat experience preparing agendas, minutes, etc. a plus.
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter no later than Monday May 10, 2021 at 6:00 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled for that week.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.