Job Posting: Administrator
The Toronto Society of Architects is currently seeking an Administrator to help support the day to day operations of our growing Society. Working closely with the Programming Director and our volunteers, you will provide administrative, clerical and communications support, while also assisting in membership and volunteer management and the delivery of special programs, events and resources. We are a small, nimble, all hands on deck organization and you will have the opportunity to be involved in, gain experience and meaningfully contribute to the many aspects of what we do, all while expanding your network within a creative and dynamic professional design conscious group.
Work hours are flexible and will mostly be done remotely. Attendance to some in-person events and key meetings throughout the year will be required and these will be scheduled in advance. Meetings are held in downtown Toronto. Due to the nature of a volunteer organization, some evening meetings are required.
Compensation, Hours and Duration
Job Type: Full-Time, 35 hours a week
Schedule: Flexible, some limited evenings and weekends required
Hourly Wage: $22.08
Location: Remote, attendance to limited in-person events and meetings required
Start Date: July 4 (or earlier upon mutual agreement)
About the Toronto Society of Architects
The Toronto Society of Architects (TSA) is a non-profit volunteer-led organization dedicated to bringing people together to discuss, learn and explore around our shared passion for the built environment. We are committed to the betterment of our city and have played an important advocacy role throughout Toronto’s history. We do this through a wide range of programs which foster welcoming and inclusive forums for debate and the exchange of ideas, stimulating critical thinking about the design and building issues of our time.
Our public programming is complemented by initiatives supporting the personal growth and professional development of over 2,000 TSA members. Membership is open to everyone and welcomes design professionals, students and the general public.
The Toronto Society of Architects is a Local Society of the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA), which is the regulatory body that governs the practice of architecture in Ontario. Learn more about the TSA at www.torontosocietyofarchitects.ca
What you will be doing
You will be supporting the day to day operations of our Society, including:
- Support governance activities of our Society, including scheduling monthly Executive meetings, preparing documents, recording minutes and assisting in file management, membership management and volunteer management activities.
- Support the Programming Director in governance and administrative responsibilities and events, including the Annual Report, Annual General Meeting, and Volunteer Appreciation events.
- Provide back-end support for TSA initiatives, programs and resources including setting up event pages, responding to inquiries, and assisting in the communication of our programs to our members and the public.
- Respond to incoming emails and answer member and public inquiries on a variety of issues including events, membership and others.
- Coordinate our bi-weekly e-bulletins, including preparing drafts for review and updating stories and entries.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of the TSA website, including updating existing pages and database entries and participating in the development of new components.
- Participate in the planning, creation and scheduling of social media posts and other communications from the Society.
- Provide event support for large scale events when required.
What we’re looking for
- Strong organization, scheduling and time management skills
- Able to work independently to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple competing priorities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A collaborative team player who will pitch in to make sure things get done
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new software platforms as needed
- Previous experience with eventbrite, social media and wordpress a plus
- An interest in architecture, the built environment and advocacy
- Previous secretariat experience preparing agendas, minutes, etc. a plus
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter no later than Monday, June 20 2022 at 6:00 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org.