2021 WLI Championship Team Nominations Now Open
Nominations due by March 8, 2021
In 2014, the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) of the Urban Land Institute (ULI), set a mandate to advance and recognize women leaders in the city-building industry within the Greater Toronto and Greater Golden Horseshoe regions, and the first class of the WLI Championship Team was born!
Annually, inspiring women from the real estate and land use development industry in the Greater Toronto and Golden Horseshoe Region are nominated by their colleagues, and formally welcomed as new inductees to the WLI Championship Team at the annual WLI reception in June. The 2021 reception will be held virtually.
ULI Toronto is pleased to announce the WLI Championship Team nominations are open for 2021!
ULI welcomes you to nominate a female-identified leader who has demonstrated excellent leadership within the real estate development, land use and city-building industry in the Greater Toronto and Greater Golden Horseshoe regions. As ULI Toronto is committed to dismantling systemic barriers to success, they encourage you to identify and nominate those individuals within your network who have demonstrated excellence in our industry, particularly those from equity-seeking groups, including racialized people and people of all backgrounds, abilities, ages, ethnicities, gender identities and sexual orientations.
Nomination Criteria for Successful 2021 WLI Championship Team members include:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in either the public sector or the private sector focused on real estate, land use planning, or city building;
- Exceptional leadership skills within their employment sphere and externally;
- Dedication to, and success at, building or facilitating thriving and inclusive communities across the Greater Toronto and Greater Golden Horseshoe regions;
- Capacity to inspire others in the industry and related public sectors; and
- Commitment to community initiatives as demonstrated through leadership in community organizations, mentoring activities, and industry-related organizations.
The nomination process consists of two parts:
- Part 1 (February 5, 2021 – March 8, 2021): Nominators will fill out the nominee’s details regarding how the nominee has demonstrated excellence.
- Part 2 (March 9, 2021 – April 2, 2021): All nominees will be contacted and asked to submit their personal information, short bio, resume, and photo.
- The Selection Committee will use a scale between 0 – 5 to identify each nominee’s degrees of excellence in satisfying each of the criteria, based on the information provided. The selection will then be made based on the overall scoring.
- To ensure a holistic evaluation of the nominees, it is crucial for the Selection Committee to have as much detail as possible about the nominee’s achievements.
Nominations are due by March 8, 2021.