TSA Urban Affairs Forum | Alternative Financing and Procurement Method
6:00 PM Mix and Mingle | 6:30 PM Panel Discussion
401 Richmond St West
Is Design Excellence Possible in an Alternative Financing and Procurement Model?
Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) is a structure for delivering capital projects in which the government transfers some or all of the design, construction, finance, maintenance and operating cost risks to the private sector. In Ontario this is done through Infrastructure Ontario (IO). Projects procured by this method are typically in the health, education, justice, transportation and infrastructure sectors.
Rather than their traditional role as the Client Representative and project leader, Architects are the contractor’s advisor team in a design-build relationship.
The question posited in the title of this Forum will be discussed by four participants representing client and architect experience working both for and with Infrastructure Ontario.
- David Sisam, Founding Principal, Montgomery Sisam Architects Inc.
- Phil Goodfellow, Partner, G Architects
- Alex Versluis, Vice President Property Management YMCA
- Viktors Jaunkalns, Partner MJM Architects
- Beth Kapusta, Former Senior Manager, Design Excellence Planning and Policy, Metrolinx
This event is generously sponsored by: