TSA & DFZ present New Design & Technology Synergies Forum
6:00 - 8:00 PM
Sandbox by DFZ, Student Learning Centre
341 Yonge St, Ste 314
This moderated panel will explore how disruptive technologies present new pathways and methods to design and production. The following questions will be addressed:
- What are these new methods of design and production?
- Who are the new practitioners and what is their relation to the ‘Legacy’ architects, engineers and associations?
- What are the Universities doing to engage these changes in design and production?
- What are the spaces and networks in the city that are emerging within this evolving context?
These topics will be discussed by our distinguished panelists:
- Mark Cichy, Director of Computation and Research, DIALOG
- Mania Meibodi, Post-Doctoral Researcher in Digital Fabrication, Digital Building Technologies Institute, ETH, Zurich
- Renn Scott, Industrial and Interaction Designer; Entrepreneur in Residence, Ryerson Fashion Zone
- Tom Bessai, Managing Director, Design Fabrication Zone, Principal, Denegri Bessai Studio