RAIC | Nomination of Members for Fellowship
October 30th, 2020 is the deadline for online submissions.
Nominations of new Fellows are now welcome to be submitted online.
Should you need further details of the process of bestowing Fellowship, please call (613) 241-3600 ext. 2014, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PART I – Guidelines for Nomination of Members for Fellowship
(The following information has been extracted from the College of Fellows Rules and Regulations, Clauses 6.3.l – 6.3.12, amended by the College of Fellows, June 2, 2001)
“A Fellow is a Member of the Institute who has achieved professional eminence or has rendered distinctive service to the profession or to the community at large. Nomination and advancement to Fellowship is administered by the College. A Member must have been a member of the Institute for at least five years prior to nomination as a Fellow. Fellowship is bestowed for life and is one of the highest honours the Institute can confer upon a Member.”(Clause 3.2.1)
Fellowship is bestowed in recognition of achievements of excellence in architecture based on the following categories:
a) Distinguished service to the architectural profession or the community at large, as supported by voluntary contributions related to Architecture.
b) Distinguished contributions to the profession enabling excellence in the practice of architecture through leadership in public service or industry organizations.
a) Distinguished contribution through excellence in architectural design, design management or innovation as supported by peer recognition or design awards.
a) Distinguished scholarly contributions as supported by research, publications or teaching in the field of architecture.
b) Distinguished contribution to the mentoring of students, interns or architects in nurturing their career development.
- Nomination for Fellowship is CONFIDENTIAL AND MUST REMAIN ANONYMOUS. All nominators are required to maintain confidentiality with no direct contact whatsoever between nominators and the nominee related to the nomination.
- The candidate must both be a member in good standing and have been a member of the RAIC for at least five years prior to the nomination as a Fellow.
- Five members (at least one of whom must be a Fellow) are required for each nomination. One of the nominators should be designated as the “primary nominator” and shall ensure all documentation is submitted correctly to the Regional Chair in the region in which the nominee normally resides.
- A nominee must not solicit his or her nomination in any form what so ever.
(NOTE: No two nominators may be from the same architectural firm or faculty. A member may only support one nomination in a given year)
- All nominators must be members in good standing of the RAIC and must support only one nominee.
- The primary nominator shall provide a curriculum vitae of the nominee and a 250 word citation, in Word format. Please review the written requirements for the nominee suitable for publication in the Convocation booklet. Samples of previous citations may be viewed on the RAIC website.
- Each nominator, including the primary nominator, shall write a letter bearing his/her signature (if sent by email, electronic signature is required). This letter is addressed to the RAIC College of Fellows, National Committee and attests “to their intimate knowledge of the good works and the character of their nominee”. The letters must identify the category(s) under which the candidate is being nominated. The letters must provide evidence of distinguished service.
- Documentation required:
A) Five signed letters in support of the nomination, specific to the category or categories selected, one from each nominator;
B) Curriculum vitae for nominee. The following information should be included:
• Current position / employment
• Professional activities: Offices held and dates (Chapters, Associations, Institutes)
• Community activities: Positions held and dates
• Architectural practice and related activities
• Architectural awards received
• Other pertinent information deemed essential for consideration
C) 250 word citation suitable for publication in Convocation booklet. This must be provided in electronic Word format
- October 30th, 2020 is the deadline for online submissions.