IDEAS Forum | Design Review Panel: Notes on the City
6:00 PM Doors, 6:30 PM Forum
Earth Science Auditorium
University of Toronto
33 Willcocks Street (entrance on Bancroft Avenue)
What are the key design issues that face our city? What are the trends and challenges of Toronto now and in the future? Join us for this very special TSA IDEAS Forum as members of Toronto’s four active Design Review Panels (City of Toronto, Waterfront Toronto, Metrolinx, and Toronto Community Housing) share with us their ideas and reflections on our city.
What is a Design Review Panel?
Design Review panels are independent advisory bodies comprised of design professionals – architects, landscape architects, engineers, urban designers and planners – that provide independent, objective advice on matters of design that affect the public realm. Their aim is to advocate for the highest quality of design for the citizens of Toronto in the built environment.
- Gordon Stratford, Senior VP and Director of Design at HOK
- Michael Leckman, Principal at Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Joe Lobko, Partner at DTAH
- Paul Bedford FCIP
- Betsy Williamson, Principal at Williamson Williamson
- Nina-Marie Lister, Associate Professor, School of Urban + Regional Planning, Ryerson University
- Walter Daschko, Chief, Design Standards, Metrolinx
- John Potter, Senior Advisor, Program Design Excellence, Metrolinx
Toronto Community Housing Corporation DRP:
- Roland Rom Colthoff, Director at RAW Design
- Sybil Wa, Associate at Diamond Schmitt Architects
This is a free event, but the venue has limited capacity. Only those with registered tickets can be guaranteed entrance. Entry at the door without a ticket will be SPACE PERMITTING only.
OAA MEMBERS: When registering, please include your full name as registered with the OAA to ensure your certificate of participation is credited properly. Please also include an email address you check frequently to ensure you receive our certificate in a timely manner.