Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Toronto & WSP – Integrating circular economy in the built environment
11:00 AM - 12:15 PM EDT
This session will highlight key lessons from the Dutch and Canadian approach to circular economy for the built environment extending from design and materials to planning for resilience of operations.
WSP Canada and two Dutch companies supporting community resilience, will share experiences and best practices. Highlights from neighborhoods pioneering circular economy designs and systems to how cities and developers are working together to build a regional circular economy for the construction sector.
This session will unveil how a co-operative approach with Dutch companies in Ontario and elsewhere can improve community wellness and economic recovery. We will discuss the particular challenges in designing circular buildings, from vision to enabling tools and obstacles, to completion and the tension between ambition and budget.
As COVID-19 continues to influence the operational side of building, we will consider how we could use design and smart technology to further extend and alter buildings, in the short and long term.
Hosted by WSP Canada with guest experts from companies based in the Netherlands.
Invited Speakers and Hosts:
- Lucy Casacia – VP Smart Solutions – WSP Canada
- Tamara Streefland – Circular Cities Program Lead at Metabolic, The Netherlands
- Joost Vos – Architect | Partner at Benthem Crouwel Architects, The Netherlands
- Lisa Prime – Founder and President PRIME Strategy & Planning, Canada
- Juhee Oh – Director, Sustainability & Energy – WSP Canada
- Mark Driscoll – Head of Transit Buildings – WSP Canada